Property For Sale / To Rent in Krugersdorp
Welcome to Krugersdorp, an industrial hub of the Gauteng’s West Rand district which was established in 1887. Although the town came into being after gold was discovered on M.W. Pretorius’ farm in Paardekraal, Krugersdorp was named after Paul Kruger, a former President of Zuid-Afrikaansche Republiek, currently known as South Africa.
In 2001, Krugersdorp Local Council was renamed Mogale City Municipality after Mogale wa Mogale, a Batswana ba Po’s chief who took over the Po Chiefdom after the death of his father in the 1820s.
Even though the town was renamed Mogale City, the locals still prefer to call it Krugersdorp. Its richness in cultural and historical background pushes Krugersdorp’s Real Estate industry to cater for a variety of homebuyers, with a multitude of property price brackets to select from.
With a plethora of routes such as the R28/N14 and N1 highway to access major cities in Gauteng, it takes about 45 minutes drive from Johannesburg or Pretoria, 20 minutes from Lanseria Airport, and about 60 minutes from OR Tambo International Airport to get to Krugersdorp.
Krugersdorp property stats
Krugersdorp has 70 active suburbs.
Between 2013-09-01 to 2014-08-31:
- There were 3,441 property sales
- The average registration period was 118 days
- Krugersdorp had 2,466 full title sales
- Krugersdorp had 975 sectional title sales
Compared to the previous year(2012-09-01 to 2013-08-31):
- There were 3,669 property sales
- The average registration period was 115 days
- Krugersdorp had 2,752 full title sales
- Krugersdorp had 917 sectional title sales
Full Title and Sectional Title sales in Krugersdorp had a combined value of R 3,831,419,017 with a median price of R 660,000 compared to
R 2,125,011,167 with the median price of R599,000 for the prior period.
Full Title sales in Krugersdorp had a total value of R 3,106,595,900 with a median price of R 690,000 compared to
R 1,566,183,016 with the median price of R680,000 for the prior period.
Sectional Title sales in Krugersdorp had a total value of R 724,823,117 with the median price of R 640,000 compared to
R 558,828,151 with the median price of R520,000 for the prior period.
For more information regarding property valuations and suburb trends for Krugersdorp visit
Suburbs with the most properties for sale in Krugersdorp
Suburbs with the most properties to rent in Krugersdorp
A list of available Krugersdorp property types on CyberProp:
- Vacant Land
- Development Land
- Country Estate
- Agricultural Holding
- Sectional Title
Amenities in Krugersdorp
Shopping malls such as:
- Anthos Shopping Centre
- Jay's Shopping Centre
- Key West Shopping Centre - North Entrance
- Krugersdorp Shopping Centre
- Noord Heuwel Mall
- President Square
- Rant & Dal Shopping Centre
- Heritage Square Shopping Centre
- Kenmare Mall
- Key West Shopping Centre - South Entrance
- Monument Mall
- Noordheuwel Shopping Centre
- Range View Shopping Centre
When planning to buy Property in Krugersdorp or surrounding areas, it is comforting to know that West Rand has everything for everyone in the family. The whole family can enjoy picnics and learn more about nature at the Walter Sisulu National Botanical Garden or relax next to a waterfall at Little Falls. West Rand also offers an abundance of sports facilities, from golf courses, tennis courts, cricket fields, soccer and rugby pitches to extreme sports clubs.
For adults, there is also a Silverstar Casino which is accessible from R28/N14 and for children; popular schools in the West Rand are situated along major public transport routes.
Popular schools and nurseries in and around Krugersdorp
- Azaadville Primary School
- Diphalane Primary School
- Doctor Yusuf Dadoo Primary School
- Krugersdorp Town Primary School
- Laerskool Ebenhaeser
- Laerskool Kenmare
- Laerskool Krugersdorp Noord - co 3rd & Buiten Street
- Laerskool Millennium
- Laerskool Paardekraal
- Laerskool Protea Rif
- Lewisham Primary School
- Monument Primary School
- Saint Ursula's Convent Primary School
- Saint Ursula's Primary School
- Silverfields Primary School
- Tshepisong Primary School
- Unity Primary School
- West Rand Mine Primary School
- Ahmed Timol Secondary School
- Hoër Tegniese Skool N. Diederichs
- Hoërskool Bastion
- Hoërskool Jan de Klerk
- Hoërskool Monument
- Hoërskool Noordheuwel
- Krugersdorp High School
- Madrasah Tarbiyatul Banaat Secondary School
- Pro Praction Secondary School
- Raymond Mhlabo Secondary School
- Thuto Lefa Secondary School
- Townview High School
- Wiseman Cele Secondary School
These are some of the reasons why has often been described as the treasure chest of the West. CyberProp has a great collection of Krugersdorp properties for sale and to rent .