How To Prepare Your House For Sale
a house. Every seller wants there home to sell fast and get the highest
price possible. Does that sound good to you? Well, it's not just luck
that makes that happen. It's careful planning and knowing how to professionally
enhance your home that will send homebuyers scurrying for their checkbooks.
Here is how to prepare a house and turn it into an irresistible and
Disassociate Yourself With Your Home.
- Say to yourself, "This is not my home; it is a house -- a
product to be sold..
- Make the mental decision to "let go" of your emotions
and focus on the fact that soon this house will no longer be yours.
- Picture yourself handing over the keys and envelopes containing
appliance warranties to the new owners! .
- Don't look backwards -- look toward the future.
- Pack up those personal photographs and family heirlooms. Buyers
can't see past personal artifacts, and you don't want them to be distracted.
You want buyers to imagine their own photos on the walls, and they
can't do that if yours are there! You don't want to make any buyer
ask, "I wonder what kind of people live in this home?" You
want buyers to say, "I can see myself living here."
- People collect an amazing quantity of junk. Consider this: if you
haven't used it in over a year, you probably don't need it.
- If you don't need it, why not donate it or throw it away?
- Remove all books from bookcases.
- Pack up those knickknacks.
- Clean off everything on kitchen counters.
- Put essential items used daily in a small box that can be stored
in a closet when not in use.
- Think of this process as a head-start on the packing you will
eventually need to do anyway.
Rearrange Bedroom Closets and Kitchen Cabinets.
- Buyers love to snoop and will open closet and cabinet doors. Think
of the message it sends if items fall out! Now imagine what a buyer
believes about you if they see everything organized. It says you probably
take good care of the rest of the house as well. This means:
- Neatly stack dishes.
- Turn coffee cup handles facing the same way.
- Hang shirts together, buttoned and facing the same direction.
- Line up shoes etc